What is the technology of pressing?
First press oil Elixir is made from the first pressing of soybeans. Soy is a Dicotyledonae, annual plant belonging to the family Fabaceae (Leguminosae). To flower and to develop in the best conditions, it requires humidity, a well-drained soil, full of nutrients. It is a short-term culture, the entire crop requiring 120 days from seed to harvest. Yellow soybeans are selected for pressing.
Soybean oil is rich in polyunsaturated fats. In addition, it has a low content of saturated fats, without cholesterol, becoming one of the healthiest cooking oils.
The main benefits of regular soy oil intake:
- Being a vegetable oil, it is a proper source for vegetal sterols, especially β-sitosterol. Sterols inhibit cholesterol absorption in the intestines and they can reduce the level of cholesterol in the blood by 10% to 15%, lowering the risk of heart disease.
- Soy oil is one of the most important sources of vitamin E. Vitamin E is composed of 8 antioxidant components and prevents the deterioration of cells by inhibiting lipid oxidation (fat) and the formation of free radicals. It protects fat soluble vitamins from destruction by oxidation and supports the processing of vitamin A by the body.
- It is an important source of vitamin K, which has important functions in the body. The best known one is the stimulation of healing of wounds. Also, it belongs to a group of substances called menaquinone, which help to formation of bones, stimulating the incorporation of calcium in bone matter.
Health benefits for bone health by adding vitamin K
A diet rich in soy offers many benefits for health, including for the bone system. It is important to remember that soy offers a significant amount of vitamin K, an important mineral for bone health.
Also, soy oil contains magnesium and boor, which are important for bone health. At the same time, isoflavones from soy can inhibit bone destruction. Isoflavone from soy is very similar to the synthetic medicine Ipriflavone, utilized across Europe and Asia in osteoporosis.
Soy protein is a plant-based protein. Literature concerning nutrition maintains that vegetable proteins have better effects for a healthy skeletal system, than animal proteins.
We can support our bones to develop naturally, through natural methods!
Cardiovascular benefits by lowering cholesterol
The effect of soy and its role in reducing cholesterol is well known from the middle of the nineties, when had been published the results of 38 clinical studies. The results showed that a diet with soy proteins reduces significantly the level of cholesterol, of LDL cholesterol (bad cholesterol) and of triglicerids.
The researchers Erdman & Potter reported in the American Journal for Clinical Nutrition that introducing soy proteins and fiber in the menu, promoted a lowering of some percentages of cholesterol. Soy contains soluble fiber, which is well known for interference with absorption and metabolizing cholesterol.
Following these reports, in 1999, FDA authorized a health endorsement regarding the relation between soy protein and coronary heart disease (CHD).
Enjoy soy foods, they do good for our health!
Benefits of soy in preventing cancer
The topic of cancer prevention is probably the most controversial research in the field of soy and health. Many studies offer proof which supports the function of soy aliments in cancer prevention diet.
From all cancer types, data regarding soy and prostate cancer seem to be the most promising. Many studies support its part in preventing and possibly treating prostate cancer.
Phytonutrient Genistein is an isoflavone that plays a key role in the literature on cancer prophylaxis. In some studies, the necessary genistein quantity necessary to prevent cancer was greater than the medium adult consumption. Nutrition and food, generally, have a big impact on health.
In total, we support the view that soy foods hold important health properties, including in prevention of cancer. But we also believe that an anti-cancer diet, which includes soy, should take into account the soy aliment, the quantity and personal medical history.
Let’s protect and support our body to be healthy naturally!
How to use?
Soybean cold-pressed oil Elixir can be used in salads or the preparation of Indian or Asian recipes, it can replace butter or margarine in sweet recipes or it can give flavor to steaks. It is recommended for recipes which do not require frying.
Nutrition facts for 100 g oil:
- Calories: 899,2 kcal/ 3696,7 kj
- Total Fats: 99,91g from which:
- – saturated fatty acids: 15,51g
- – monounsaturated fatty acids: 25,04 g
- – polyunsaturated fatty acids: 59,35 g
- Total carbohydrates/protein/dietary fiber: under 0,5 g
Labels: 1 liter, oil, soy oil, first press oil
Weight 1 kg
Dimensions 10 x 25 x 6 cm
Packing 1 bottle, 6-Pack bottles