. Hemp is one of the oldest plants cultivated by man. Historical evidence shows us that it was employed since the late Neolithic (about 12000 years ago), in China, where it was grown for its fiber, for oil-making, but also as medicinal herb.
The plant that is cultivated for making hemp seed oil is called Cannabis Sativa, and its seeds are known for fighting skin inflammation and are considered tonic, regenerative, laxative and diuretic.
Hemp seed Oil Elixir is made through cold-pressing hemp seeds, which, after harvesting, were carefully cleaned and pressed at maximum temperatures of 30⁰Celsius. Next step is decantation, to obtain the oil packed in nutrients.
Cold-pressed Hemp Seed oil Elixir contains a balanced amount of Omega 6 and Omega 3. An imbalance predisposes to fatigue, and it accelerates disease like rheumatism, dermatological conditions and cardiovascular disease. Because Hemp seed oil Elixir incorporates the nutrients of hemp seeds (calcium, iron, magnesium, potassium, sulfur, amino acids like cysteine, methionine, vitamin complex A, C, E), but also because it is rich in unsaturated fat, it is considered a functional food.
Health benefits of Hemp seed oil
- . Helps to prevent cardiovascular disease: because it is rich in Omega 3, Hemp seed oil plays an important part in maintaining cardiovascular health, by lowering arterial pressure and fibrinogen levels, a key marker in atherosclerosis and, also, it helps reduce triglycerides.
- Balances your skin: being rich in fatty acids, integrating it in everyday diet, helps maintain the health and the flexibility of skin cells, because it has antiviral, antifungal and antibacterial properties. Clinical studies show us that fatty acids which are found in this oil can have good results in treating many chronic and inflammatory diseases, like eczema, psoriasis, lupus and ulcerous colitis.
- Improved hormonal balance: hemp seeds are the only edible seeds which contain Gamma-linolenic acid (GLA), beneficial for PMS and menopausal symptoms. Its chlorophyll is rich in magnesium and very useful to the body.
- Supports a healthy nervous system: because it is rich in fatty acids Omega 3 and Omega 6, Hemp seed oil is helpful in having a normal cell membrane structure, especially concerning the nervous tissue, being necessary for the myelin sheath (the one that isolates nervous cells). Adding this oil to the diet of children is very advantageous for their normal brain development.
- Anti-inflammatory and Anti-arthritic effect: Omega 3 fatty acids found in Hemp seed oil help produce Series 3 Prostaglandins (PG3), the anti-inflammatory hormone-like chemicals. This kind of oil offers essential fatty acids for the long-term treatment of arthritis (like rheumatoid arthritis).
How to use Hemp Seed Oil?
Hemp seed oil Elixir can be taken raw and the recommended daily allowance is of 1 to 2 teaspoons. It can be taken orally or added to hot dishes, by sprinkling over cooked rice, cabbage, salads or oven baked potatoes, as a butter replacement.