It is said that Flaxseed oil has been part of our nutrition for more than 9000 years. There is historical proof which attests the presence of this oil in Syria, where the first flaxseeds where pressed into edible oil. Also, they say this oil was one of the first food supplements cultivated by man. When the Romans occupied Dacia, they brought Flaxseed oil as ailment for certain disease.
Flaxseed oil Elixir, produced through cold-pressing, is most abundant vegetable oil in Omega 3, boosting health. Besides Omega 3, it has significant quantities of Omega 6 and Omega 9, essential fatty acids for the wellbeing of the body and of the nervous system.
As a result of its high concentration of polyunsaturated lipids, unsaturated fats and alpha-linoleic acid, it contributes to maintaining a normal level of cholesterol in the blood and to the health of the heart. Also, Flaxseed oil is rich in: zinc, iron, vitamin E, vitamin B complex, carotene, magnesium, sulfur, calcium, phosphorus, potassium, manganese, silicone, nickel, molybdenum, chromium and cobalt.
Elixir Flaxseed oil DOES NOT contain gluten, so it can be used by people with gluten intolerance or celiac disease.
Proven benefits of Flaxseed oil:
- It improves bone health, it has a beneficial effect on bone formation and regeneration and it helps to reduce the risk of osteoporosis.
- It aids in prevention of cardiovascular disease, because of its rich content in alpha-linoleic acid.
- It helps lower cholesterol and regulate blood pressure.
- It helps keeping asthma under control, because it can reduce inflammations of the respiratory system, and it improves quality of life for those predisposed to allergies.
- . It can balance hormonal levels in menopause, because it is rich in lignans, compounds that resemble antioxidants and estrogen.
- It helps you lose weight efficiently, because it acts as a natural laxative, which mobilizes the digestive system and helps to release toxins.
- It aids maintain the health of the skin, because it supports the production of collagen, it’s capable of removing cellulites and even enzymes from skin care products which provoke allergic reactions.
- By reason of alpha-linoleic acid, it can inhibit tumor growth pathways.
- It can increase serotonin so you will enjoy a positive state of mind.
- Its Omega 3 content is a fundamental nutrient during child growth, by assisting the development of the nervous system, the retina and the immune system.
- The high Omega 3, Omega 6 and Omega 9 content lower the frequency of insomnia; it has a calming effect and heightens nervous resilience to stress.
Daily recommended amount is of 1 to 2 teaspoons. It can be used raw or in salads.
It is not recommended to:
- It is not recommended to take Flaxseed oil if you are under medication or food supplements, because it blocks complete absorption of substances by the body.
- If you follow a treatment for blood thinning.
- If you suffer from diabetes.
- It cannot be used for cooking, only in raw recipes.